The Ministry of Finance is a Government agency which has the function of implementing the State management in finance (including: State budget, tax, fees and other revenues of the State budget, national reserve, State financial funds, financial investment, corporate finance and financial services); customs; accounting; independent auditing; insurance; prices; securities; conducting the ownership rights to the State’s investment capital in enterprises according to regulations of the Law. Pursuant to the Decree No 118/2008/NĐ-CP issued by the Government, the main tasks and duties of the Ministry of Finance are as follows:
1, Submit to the Government and Prime Minister for approval law andordinance projects. Draft legal documents, strategy and development planning, long-term, five-year and annual plans on the fields within the Ministry’s authority.
2. Issue legal documents within the Ministry’s authority.
3. Instruct, guide, supervise and to be in charge of implemeting the legal documents, strategy, planning, plan; to set up the propaganda, disseminate, educate legal documents on the fields within the Ministry’s authority.
4. Manage the State budget.
5. Manage the collection of tax, fees and other revenues under the State budget.
6. Manage the budget fund, the State reserve fund andother State financial funds.
7. Manage the national reserves.
8. Manage the State assets.
9. Manage corporate finances and the State capital at the enterprises.
10.Manage the Government borrowings and debt servicing from domestic and abroad; and international grants.
11. Implement the State management in accounting and auditting.
12. Managebanks and non-banking financial institutions regarding issues; financial services.
13. Manage customs activities.
14. Implement the State management in prices.
15. Issue Government bonds and participate in stock market management under the regulations of law.
16. Manage, supervise stock and stock market.
17. Organise and guide the implementation of statistics in the fields within the Ministry’s authority.
18. Undertake international cooperation and economic integration in the fields within the Ministry’s authority.
19. Organise and guide the implementation of scientific research, scientific and technology application in the field within the Ministry’s authority.
20. Decide specific orientations and measures and guide the operating mechanism of public services providing organizations in the fields within the Ministry’s authority in accordance with provisions of Laws; to manage and guide the implementation of activities of non-productive units within the Ministry’s authority.
21. Implement the State management to associations and non-Govermental organizations in the fields within the Ministry’s authority.
22. Inspect, control, settle complaints and denouncements, resist corruption, and be processed by authorized level or be submitted to the competent levels for setlement in accordance to the regulations of law applied for finance-budget management regime breaks and violations.
23. Conduct administrative reform under the Government program.
24.Manage organizational structure, permanent staff; guide the implementation of the provisions on salary, bonuses, disciplines for the State officers within the Ministry’s authority; train and retrain staff in the whole sector.
25. Manage the assigned capital and assets and the distributed budget plan under the provisions of the Law./.